Qld Business Basics Grant Round 3
The Queensland Government is offering Round 3 of the Business Basics Grants Program. Due to have opened on Wednesday 4th May, the SmartyGrants portal where you submit your application has suffered technical issues which has postponed the opening date. This is good news for small businesses that were unaware or needed more time to register.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
If your business is active and registered for GST, has not received funding under Round 1 or 2, has fewer than 20 employees and an expected turnover of $300,000 or less, this could be a great chance at giving your business the boost it needs.
WHAT CAN I GET FUNDING FOR?
The Business Basics Grants Program, administered by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT), offers up to $5,000 to eligible businesses to support an increase in core skills and adopt best practice.
The eligible funding activities include:
- Training and coaching
- Website build or upgrades
- Professional business advice
- Strategic marketing services
- Business continuity and succession.
Check online and social media for local businesses that are aware of the Grant and can assist with the eligible funding activities. They will be able to tailor a solution for your business that meets the criteria, and your business can support another local business to help keep our region strong.
WHAT DO I NEED TO APPLY?
To be prepared for your online application, have the following information ready:
- Your ABN details must be correct and up to date on the ABR register (check ABN Lookup for this)
- A signed and witnessed statutory declaration from the business owner or director stating the business meets all grant eligibility criteria
- Supplier quotes dated after 13 April 2022 detailing description and costs of services, who will undertake the activity and an outline of key activities.
- Your expected turnover and gross profit for 2021-22
- Your funded activity – a description of which category the funding is under and how the funded activities will enhance the core skills of the business and make it more competitive
- The expected outcomes in the next 6 months in regard to growth in revenue, gross profit and employees
WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
The application process is online through the SmartyGrants portal (once opened). To apply, visit the website at https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/business-basics-grant which will detail all the eligibility criteria, application guidelines and terms and conditions.
Or, if you need assistance, contact Small Biz HQ to help get your application ready.
Contact Us - Home
"*" indicates required fields
Join our blog
Receive the latest insights from Small Business HQ by signing up to our blog.